The Mandarin Beginner course is MANDATORY for Mandarin beginners and lasts 45 hours of training. Part A is an intensive course for oral and practical usage in Mandarin. Part B focuses on grammar and a more structural approach. After finishing Parts A and B, students will be able to master daily conversation and communication in Mandarin. After completing 45 hours of the General Mandarin course, students can likely master an intermediate level of Mandarin in their business field and can move to the Advanced Business Communications course.
Total Hours: 45
Duration of each Lesson: 1.5 hours
Suggested Frequency: Once a week
Students will be able to:
- Using Pinyin to pronounce words in Chinese
- Distinguish 4 tones in Mandarin in listening
- Using the key vocabulary in different contexts
- Put the words in the right orders by understanding the basic Chinese sentence structure “Subject+Verb+Object”
- Survive in China
- Chinese Pinyin
- Introduce a Friend
- What is this?
- Where are you going
- May I have…?
- Taking a Taxi
- What time is it?
- Shopping for clothes
- Going out to eat
- Inviting friends to have dinner
- Where do you live?
- Please give me that
- Making an apology
- My body
- Chinese Holiday
LIU, H.M. (2006). Chinese Express. 漢語快車Beijing, Beijing Language and Culture University Press